Saturday, June 12, 2010

100 PoS #2 Complete Electric Outlet in Man Loft

06/02/2010

This project gets a fail!
There was not a ground wire in this outlet, which ended up zapping me when I turned the power back on. So I recapped it and put a nice cover on it! Some things are beyond me, this is one of them. Here are the before and afters.
Before


After

Not what I wanted, but the zap in my arm with a 15 was more than enough to make me settle for less than normal. Please remember to turn off all electricity prior to doing any electrical work, if you are unsure seek the advice of a licensed electrician. Please keep in mind, I did turn off the electricity, I got electrocuted when I turned it back on, because it "popped" in my hand. I do not have the switch fuses throughout all my house, this was a screw-in kind... 

0 comments: